With the Christmas season upon us, it’s time for snow sledding, frost nipping at your nose and chestnuts roasting on an open fire. Unless you live in the Sunshine State. Then, it’s time for…pretty much the same paradise as usual. Warm weather, blue skies, palm trees swaying in the breeze. And, of course, fun holiday parties in Florida.
A true Floridian will tell you that the weather is actually a lot better around the holidays (although maybe not the traffic). Hurricane season is over and the temperatures are cooler. The beach is still beautiful, though the water is colder. Florida is a fun place to be during Christmas.
If you live here or you’re visiting for the holidays, here are some fun holiday events to check out and some amazing ideas for throwing your own unforgettable holiday parties in Florida.
Holiday Parties: Outdoor Events and Carnivals
The month of December is a good one for outdoor carnivals and events in the Sunshine State. Here is a sample of the events taking place around the state.
- Art Basel in Miami. This event is the centerpiece of a week of art events in South Florida, one of the biggest shows anywhere in the country. Galleries from around the world will show pieces from their collections – primarily modern and contemporary. Why? Because they all want to come to sunny Florida in December, of course.
- Boat parades. No matter where you are in Florida, someone is planning a boat parade. From Pass-a-Grille to South Beach, boat owners take to the water with boats festooned in Christmas lights and decorations. It’s the Sunshine State version of the Macy’s Day parade.
- Holiday festivals. Nearly every city also plans a holiday festival. There are new ones each year across the state, from family-friendly events to grown-up affairs. There are even pet-friendly festivals where your pup can take a photo with Santa!
- Theme park celebrations. All the major amusement parks typically have Christmas-related events, including Disney World in Orlando and Busch Gardens in Tampa. AT Universal Studios, you might even get to meet the Grinch!
Throwing a Christmas Party
If you have guests in town you’d like to impress, or maybe you want to treat your coworkers to a holiday party to thank them for all their hard work, Christmas is also a great time to throw a party of your own.
Thanks to the number of party rental companies in Florida, you’re just a click or a phone call away from ordering pretty much anything you need to celebrate the holidays. For example, Fun Crew USA in Orlando has a number of rentals for every type of party including large corporate events, school carnivals and big neighborhood parties.
Here are some ideas to make your holiday party truly the most wonderful time of the year:
- Bounce houses and inflatable giant slides. If kids are coming to your holiday party, you cannot go wrong with a bounce house. Adults also love embracing their inner child at Christmas time, so inflatable slides are the perfect way to bring out the holiday spirit of even Ebenezer Scrooge himself! There are even holiday themed ones!
- A Ferris Wheel. Nothing says celebration like a Ferris Wheel lit up against the night sky. Your guests will love it and it’s perfect for the Florida weather.
- Mechanical Reindeer Ride. Your party or event might just go viral if you choose to rent the Mechanical Reindeer Ride. It’s basically if a mechanical bull was instead… Rudolph! It makes for fun competition and amazing moments for social media.
- Reindeer games. Any carnival game can be given a holiday spin. Bowler roller can be Snow-ler roller. Race games become reindeer races. You can even have prizes for some extra Christmas cheer.
- Snow rental. Loving the Florida weather but wanting some snow? Rent some with a snow machine for that extra touch!
- Elf Driving School. Imagine bumper cars, but Christmas style! The elves are still learning to drive, so there will be a lot of laughs while bumping along.
- Interactive Snow Globe. Perfect memories deserve perfect photos. You might just want to make this your holiday card when you and your guests step into the interactive snow globe!
A few holiday decorations, a Christmas playlist and you have the sort of Christmas party you can only enjoy in a place like Florida. Plan your holiday parties in Florida now and make the most of our Sunshine State.